Visit Beatrix Potter's home at Hill Top and also see some of the area in the Lake District that she owned. Travel to Wray Castle where she first visited the Lakes. Enjoy a fully guided and escorted experience throughout the tour.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 3.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Small group
- Limited to 6 participants
- Have entry to Hill Top, Beatrix Potter's home
- Visit Hawkshead Village where her husband William Heelis had his offices and is now the Beatrix Potter Gallery
- Enjoy the beautiful Tarn Hows, part of the Monk Coniston estate owned by Beatrix
- See Wray Castle, the rented holiday home of the Potter family where Beatrix first encountered the Lake District
- Pause at Yewtree Farm which was used as the stand-in for Hill Top in the film 'Miss Potter'
- Fully escorted and guided tour
- Entrance to Hill Top
- Small group size to allow for great discussions
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers must keep distance in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
- Customers will get a mandatory temperature check
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Meeting point varies depending on option booked.
Know before you go
- As the weather can be changeable in the Lake District, a coat and sensible shoes are recommended.
- All passengers, including children of any age, must have a seat purchased for them