Come aboard for a 4 to 4.5-hour journey to Moutohorā (Whale Island) one of New Zealand's little-known treasures and home to a number of New Zealand's rare and endangered plants, birds and reptiles.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
White Island Rendezvous, 15 The Strand East, WhakataneOpen in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
Know before you go
- Island landing fees are included. Island landing fees support Department of Conservations work on the island and the Whakatane Coastguard.
- Tours operate daily, however, the supplier does require a minimum of 8 passengers for it to proceed. The maximum is 24 passengers per trip.
- As part of efforts to help maintain Moutohorā’s pest-free status, all passengers are required to undertake a bio-security check before boarding the boat. Because of this, check-in is required a minimum of 30 minutes prior to departure.