Take a Water Taxi and explore Mou Waho Island. Discover a hidden lake which contains its own island, forming a Russian doll of islands and lakes. Meet the Weka, an adorable and curious bird that is partial to meeting humans.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Wanaka Marina, Lakeside Rd on the bigger jetty across the toilet block. The Water taxi will arrive on this jetty.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
Know before you go
- Please be advised, the walk up to the hidden lake and view point is steep and rocky in places but not long and there are benches along the way to rest
- Guests who aren't up for the walk but mobile enough to get on and off the boat and the island are more than welcome to join the tour anyway to enjoy the lake and the bird life on the island