Explore the outstanding scenery of Lake Wanaka as you cruise over to Ruby Island for a short guided walk. See some of Wanaka's most spectacular views and benefit from outstanding photo opportunities.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 1 hour
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Ardmore St, Wanaka, New Zealand. Your cruise departs beside the old jetty on the Wanaka lakefront.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Unaccompanied minors
Know before you go
- Please bring your own bottled water & snacks, camera, hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- A warm jacket is advised as cool temperatures can occur at any time of the year
- An average level of fitness and mobility is advised for this experience
- The Island walk takes 20 minutes and rises 20 meters above the beach on an average track
- The Island walk is not compulsory, you can remain on the boat, at the beach on the island or complete part of the walk
- Wear rugged soled outdoor shoes or boots with a good tread for grip
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This activity is subject to favorable weather conditions and minimum number requirements
- Due to uneven surfaces, this experience is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or those using a wheelchair
- Please note that on some public holidays other boating traffic may prevent landing at Ruby Island. In this case the skipper will continue around Ruby Island and on to a 1 hour scenic cruise on Lake Wanaka