Discover a unique landscape of giant sand dunes that run straight into the ocean. Explore the rolling dunes on a 4x4, and learn about the creatures that live and thrive in this harsh environment.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
- Afrikaans, English, German
- Wheelchair accessible
- Small group
- Limited to 10 participants
Select participants and date
Look for the blue building at the jetty on the Walvis Bay Waterfront clearly marked with the logo of Sandwich Harbour 4x4.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Comfortable clothes
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- For excursions to go ahead a minimum of 3 guests are required
- Tours are not private or exclusive and may include other guests who are not a part of your group.
- Due to weather conditions and tides, it is not always possible to reach the Sandwich Bay Lagoon along the beach. In these cases, your tour will drive to the top of the dune overlooking Sandwich Bay
- This tour is suitable for persons with disabilities or mobility concerns
- The local partner is happy to cater for vegetarians, vegans, gluten sensitivities, or food allergies
- Please advise when booking if a special occasion such as a birthday or anniversary is being celebrated