Enjoy a full-day small group tour that takes you to Dürnstein, Weissenkirchen, Spitz, and Melk with an expert wine connoisseur to guide you through the region's best vineyards. Taste regional wines and schnapps and sample other regional products as well.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- COVID-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 9 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Private or small groups available
- Visit the town of Durnstein, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Enjoy a cruise along the Danube River from Spitz to Melk
- Have lunch at a typical wine tavern
- Sample Wachau Valley wines at family-owned wineries
- 1-hour River Cruise down the Danube River from Spitz to Melk from the 28th April 2018 to 7th October 2018
- 1-hour Guided Tour of Melk Abbey instead of the River Cruise from the 8th October 2018 to 30th April
- Transport by 8-seater Mercedes van
- Wine tastings at all wineries
- Sampling of local specialties
- Lunch and drinks
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Meeting point varies depending on option booked.
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- Departure time: 9:00
- Duration: approximately 8 hours
- Days of operation:
- March - April: Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturday
- May - September: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays
- October: Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays
- The tour departs from Franz-Josefs Kai 45, 1010 Vienna.
- Tours operate in all weather conditions.
- Book early as there only 8 seats available per tour. Tours sell out quickly!
- Dress comfortably for a relaxed day of wine tasting. Sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat are recommended. You should wear warm clothing in case of cold weather, especially from October-April.
- There will be opportunities along the way for water bottle refills. Don’t forget to charge your camera battery!