Discover the best of the Yucatán Peninsula on this 2-day private tour. Visit colonial cities and towns, swim in a cenote and explore one of the New Seven Wonders of the World.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 2 days
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, Spanish
- Private group
- Visit one of the New Wonders of the World
- Swim in the crystal-clear waters of the Ik Kil cenote
- Spend the night in the colonial city of Merida and discover the city's history, architecture, and culture
- Learn from an expert guide about Mayan culture at the Uxmal archaeological site
- Take a horse ride through the ancient streets of the yellow city of Izamal
Discover the culture, history, and traditions of the Yucatán Peninsula on this 2-day tour.
Get picked up from your hotel and travel straight to the Chichen-Itza archaeological complex. Witness the Pyramid of Kukulkan, one of the new Seven Wonders of the World and The Temple of Warriors, among other sites at the complex. Learn more about Mayan culture and the Mayan people's impact on astronomy and mathematics.
After all that exploring, cool down with a refreshing dip in one of Mexico's most famous cenotes, Ik-Kil.
In the afternoon, visit the peninsula's capital, Merida. Enjoy a guided tour of the city and see colonial houses, the main square, and the famous Paseo de Montejo avenue. After your tour, check in to your 4*-hotel for the night.
After breakfast at the hotel, head to the Uxmal archeological site, where 2 stunning twin pyramids await you. Climb to the top of the Magician's Pyramid and witness its unique architecture. Afterward, visit an all-female monastery, the house of the governor, and the Temple of Turtles.
Later, visit a cocoa plantation and discover the history of this delicious drink. Learn an ancient preparation ritual and finish your visit with a traditionally-brewed cup of cocoa.
In the afternoon, visit the ancient village of Yashkopoil, which is named after an ancient farmstead. Take a walk around the farm and learn about the history of its former inhabitants. Finally, head to the town of Izamal. Be amazed at the town's all-yellow architecture and visit a museum built in a former monastery. See the town's colonial buildings and ancient pyramids on a horse cab ride before heading back to Cancún in the evening.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All transportation
- Professional guide
- All entrance fees and taxes
- 4*-hotel in Merida
- Hotel breakfast
- Lunch (day 1)
- 2 bottle of water
- 2 cans of beer
- Soft drink
- 1 snack
- Lunch (day 2)
Customers must book this activity online because the ticket office is closed
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
- Customers will get a mandatory temperature check
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Sun hat
- Change of clothes
Know before you go
- This tour will take place rain or shine