Discover the natural beauty of Mount Etna, the highest-located active volcano in Europe. Enjoy a guided tour of this unique landscape and make use of free time to explore Taormina at your leisure.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 9 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Italian, English, Spanish, French, German, Russian
- Pickup included
- Get picked up from your accommodation in Catania city/surrounding areas.
- Discover ancient volcano craters, lava caves, and breathtaking landscapes
- Enjoy a delicious Sicilian dish in an Etna village
- Benefit from free time to explore Taormina at your leisure
Due to health and safety regulations, this itinerary may change. See Know before you go for the latest updates.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Multilingual local guide
- Volcano tour
- Lava cave visit
- Tour guide in Taormina
- People with mobility impairments
- All required protective equipment is provided
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- You must keep social distance while in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- You must fill out a travel information form
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The details below may change if you update your current selection:
What to bring
- Hiking shoes
Know before you go
- Due to ongoing COVID-19 virus preventative measures, the lava cave visit and lunch are temporarily suspended. More time will be dedicated to hiking and sightseeing.
- The recommended clothing for this experience is hiking shoes and a windbreaker.