Explore the UNESCO-listed Rila Monastery and enjoy the Bulgarian cultural capital of Plovdiv on a self-guided day trip from Sofia with roundtrip transportation and a local host.
About this ticket
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 13 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Host or greeter
Select participants and date
Meet at the car parking at Knyaz Aleksander I Square, in front of The Palace - National Art Gallery. The minibus will have a Rila Shuttle sign on the front window. Nearest metro station is SerdikaOpen in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Smoking in the vehicle
Know before you go
- All visitors are required to cover their knees and shoulders for the monastery visit
- This tour will take place rain or shine
- It is recommended to bring your own packed food
- The Rila Monastery Museum entry ticket is 8 BGN (optional)