Explore the most famous natural and cultural sites of Bulgaria on a self-guided trip to the 7 Rila Lakes and UNESCO World Heritage Site of Rila Monastery in Rila National Park.
About this ticket
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 12 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
Select participants and date
Meet at the parking lot behind the Alexander Nevski Cathedral, in front of La Catedrale Restaurant, close to the Sofia University metro station. Look for the vehicles a Rila shuttle sign on the front window.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
- Sun hat
- Rain gear
- Packed lunch
- Passport or ID card for children
- Smoking in the vehicle
Know before you go
- This trip involves a moderate to intensive amount of walking. Hiking experience is essential
- The ticket for the 7 Rila Lakes chairlift costs 25 Leva per person, roundtrip and is payable in cash, onsite (no credit cards accepted)
- Entry fee for the optional visit to Rila Monastery History Museum is 8 Leva per person, payable in cash, onsite (no credit cards accepted)
- This trip operates in all weather conditions. Please dress appropriately
- High heels, short skirts and trousers, and shirts with no sleeves are not permitted to enter Rila Monastery
- Child/baby seats have to be requested in advance, at least 24 hours before travel date