Jump back in time in Savannah's oldest cemetery. Hear fascinating stories about Savannah's past and learn about the materials that make up the city. See the burial sites of 2 Declaration of Independence signers and the Liberty Boys.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 1.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Wheelchair accessible
- Small group
- Limited to 2 participants
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Meet at the Colonial Park Cemetery. Find the corner entrance arch bearing an eagle sculpture and the initials DAR. Meet just inside that entrance at the historical marker. Colonial Park Cemetery is 10–15 minutes walking from anywhere downtown. Please arrive 10–15 minutes early.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Closed-toe shoes
- Alcohol and drugs
Know before you go
- While there are businesses nearby, there are no restrooms on-site.
- The tour runs rain or shine, with a few exceptions.
- There are 3 steps to enter the cemetery but a flat entrance is available on the north or Oglethorpe Avenue side for orienting wheelchairs or scooters. Some terrain is paved but some is dense and tough grass.
- As the cemetery under the grass is largely sand, sandals or open-toed shoes are not recommended.
- Bring bug spray/insect repellent.
- Fans are provided during hotter months but you might like to bring an umbrella for added shade.
- You do not need to bring a physical ticket as you will be identified by your first and last name.
- Colonial Park Cemetery is 10–15 minutes walking from anywhere downtown. Please arrive 10–15 minutes early.