Throw your mind and body into 2 days of adventure along the Pacuare River. With the Rio Tropicales Lodge as your base you will venture out into the unknown; speeding down rapids, taking zip lines through the trees, and sipping cocktails under the stars.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 2 days
- Starting time 5:20 AM
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Spanish, English
- Wheelchair accessible
- Private group
- Hold on tight as you brave grade III-IV rapids down the Pacuare River
- Enjoy a blissful night deep in the rainforest
- Fly through the towering canopy on a thrilling zip wire ride
- Feast on freshly prepared meals to keep that energy flowing
- Rest easy knowing that your accommodation is environmentally sustainable
- Spend your free time exploring endless forest trails
- Professional bilingual guides
- Ground transportation from all major hotels in San Jose (round-trip)
- All equipment needed for the activities (helmets, life-jackets, paddles)
- Meals for two days excluding dinner on the last day
- Spacious, spotlessly clean changing rooms with showers
- Private room lodging at Rios Tropicales Lodge
- Electricity, hot showers, riverside dining, and more
- Guided hikes
- Transportation available from the main hotels in La Fortuna and Puerto Viejo
- Additional transportation available from Arenal and Puerto Viejo for a small fee
- Personal Expenses
- Children under 12 years
- Pregnant women
- People with back problems
- People with heart problems
- People over 264 lbs (120 kg)
- People under 99 lbs (45 kg)
- People with recent surgeries
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Arrange pick-up with Reservations DepartmentOpen in Google Maps ⟶
- Waterproof cameras
Know before you go
- Recommended Gear:
- This list represents what you will need on the river. Space on the raft is limited. Therefore, it is important not to bring any extra equipment - Rios Tropicales Lodge offers all the sleeping comfort you would need, private rooms, mattresses, sheets, pillows and blankets are provided.
- River Wear Rubber soled shoes (tennis or similar).
- Shorts and a T-Shirt or a Swimsuit Windbreaker
- Sunscreen Lotion
- Sun Hat or Bandana
- Long light pants
- Shoes (2 pairs, one to get wet and one dry).
- Long sleeved shirt or sweater
- Extra pairs of socks.
- Insect repellent (1).
- 1. For your extra gear: we provide lockers at our Operations Center our you can leave it at your hotel.
- 2. Please advise us if you have your own dry bags.