Take on class 2-3 rapids on the Sarapiqui River – perfect for nature lovers, outdoor enthusiasts, and people who are looking for a little bit of adventure. Choose between half-day and full-day options and explore the jungle from the river.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Duration 6 - 8 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Spanish, English
- Pickup included
- Pickup is available from a select list of hotels in San Jose. The day of the activity, please wait in the hotel lobby at least 5 minutes prior to pickup time.
- Private group available
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Change of clothes
- Biodegradable sunscreen
- Comfortable clothes
- Insect repellent
- Water shoes
Know before you go
- This tour operates rain or shine
- For reasons beyond their control (river and weather conditions, etc.), your guides may change to a tour with an equal or similar difficulty rating
- The local partner reserves the right to cancel any trip due to unsafe conditions and will only run a tour according to established company policies
- Full refunds are given in the event of cancellation by the local partner
- Rafting and canyoneering involve some inherent risk and physical exertion, you must be in good physical condition without any recent surgery, heart condition, pregnancy, or injury
- The natural environment of Costa Rica is unpredictable and filled with insects, snakes, crocodiles, and a variety of other wildlife
- The route covers approximately 22 kilometers