Explore one of the country’s best urban cultural parks. Balboa Park has a bit of everything, including grand architecture, diverse museums, cultural institutions and captivating gardens. Keep the camera handy for what might be the prettiest tour in town!
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- COVID-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Discover the inspiring, quirky, and fascinating history of one of the nation’s largest urban cultural parks
- Uncover historical and architectural treasures hiding in plain sight
- Explore a botanical garden’s vibrant collection of more than 2,100 plants
- Learn about the early 20th-century expositions that shaped Balboa Park
- Find the best spots to photograph Balboa Park’s beautiful Spanish colonial revival architecture
- Local English-speaking guide
- One beverage at a park coffee cart
- Food and drinks beyond what is included
- Souvenirs and personal shopping
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
- Entrance to the museums are not offered with this tour, but your guide will provide suggestions along the way for you to come back and visit during your own time
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers must keep distance in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Next to Founder’s Plaza statues between 6th Ave and Balboa Drive on Laurel Street at the west entrance of Balboa Park. They are located in Sefton Plaza and are directly across the street from the Lawn Bowling Club.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Please wear casual dress and comfortable shoes. Take current weather conditions into consideration.
- For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour.
- Very occasionally museums, gardens and roadways are closed due to special events or routine maintenance. If this occurs, we will find a similar alternative for you to visit during your tour. If you have any concerns, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org