Join a picturesque trip from Vienna to Salzburg, the city of The Sound of Music, to discover the film's shooting locations. Combine film settings with fun facts about the real Trapp family.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 13 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Pickup optional
- • Pickup is available at hotels in central Vienna (postcodes 1010 to 1090) only; no pickup is available from apartments • Please let the activity provider know your hotel name and address at least 24 hours before tour departure • Pickup will take place between 7:15 AM and 8:00 AM. The exact pickup time depends on how the driver collects others on the way. Make sure that you are ready and waiting in the hotel reception area at 7:15 AM • The driver will wait 5 minutes at each hotel before moving on
Select participants and date
The meeting point is behind the State Opera House, in front of Tourist Information Vienna. Karlsplatz (lines U1, U4) is the closest underground station. Please give your name to the activity provider's representative.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
Know before you go
- This tour covers approximately 630 kilometers by motorway. It is about a 4-hour drive in each direction with a 30-minute stop at a highway restaurant each way. You will get around 20 minutes at Mondsee lake, 3 hours in Salzburg, and 15 minutes at Hellbrunn Park.
- The tour may be operated with a multi-lingual guide in English and Russian.
- Depending on the group size, this tour will be conducted by minivan with a driver-guide or by bus with a licensed guide