Experience a miracle of nature visit the World of Ice Giants the largest Ice Caves in the world. One of the true wonders on earth. The Werfen Ice Caves are a wondrous underground world of natural ice sculptures and formations.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Duration 6 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
- Spanish, English, Portuguese
- Pickup included
- Centrally located Salzburg Hotels
- Private group
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
- Photography inside
Know before you go
- Heavy or sport shoes and warm clothing are recommended, even in summer. Lamps are handed out at the entrance to the cave. The cave itself is a national monument and may only be entered by authorized guides.
- You have to walk uphill for 20 minutes twice before getting to the entrance of the ice cave in the cave you will have to climb 134 meters, which is equivalent to climbing the stairs in a high block of flats. Each individual must decide for himself whether he is physically capable or not. Although the speed of the guided tour is tailored to the group, it is advised that persons with serious walking difficulties or heart circulation problems not to visit the caves.
- Parents must decide themselves whether the relatively long walk and cold temperatures are suitable for young children. The tour ist not suitable for many children up to the age of 4-5.