This private tour ensures that your visit to the Vatican is a personalized one. You’ll have your own custom-made itinerary and private native-speaking guide to show you the most significant works of art in the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
- English, Italian, French, Russian, Spanish, German, Dutch
- Wheelchair accessible
- Private group
Select participants and date
Your tour meets in front of the main entrance to the Vatican Museums, next to the Entrance with Reservation sign. Your tour guide will be holding a sign that reads Alwaysrome. The full address of the Vatican Museums is Viale del Vaticano 100. Arriving from Ottaviano (Musei Vaticani, Metro A station): Exit the turnstiles and walk straight to the back end of the station, heading to the left side exit. Once you’ve reached the left side exit, you'll exit the station at Viale Giulio Cesare (to your right). Walk down Viale Giulio Cesare to the light, cross the street, and take a left onto Via Leone IV. Take a right onto Viale Vaticano and continue until you reach the Vatican Museums entrance. Arriving from St. Peter's Square: As you face St. Peter's Basilica, turn right, exit the piazza and follow the Vatican walls around toward the entrance to the Vatican Museums.The walls should be on your left side. Follow the walls up Viale Vaticano until you reach the entrance to the Museums.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
Know before you go
- It is the responsibility of all participants to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins. Anyone arriving after departure cannot be accommodated and missed tours or tickets cannot be refunded.
- The tour involves a fair amount of walking and stairs, so comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Admission to the Vatican requires following a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders must be covered (both men and women). The tour provider cannot be held responsible for entry refused due to improper dress.
- Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, there may be delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues.
- The Vatican only permits very small bags, and specifically prohibits large bags, tripods, umbrellas, and backpacks. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, we strongly suggest that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour.