Unlock the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel alongside the Museum Key Master. Tour the empty museums before they are open to the public.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Meet in front of the Vatican Museums. At the entrance to the Vatican, there are two doors, one less noticeable door tucked into the corner and one surrounded by white marble with a short flight of stairs. You will be entering via the door surrounded by marble. Your guide will be waiting at those stairs for you holding up a "Walks" sign. Directions: The square where you can find the entrance/exit of the Vatican Museums is across the street from a cafe called "Caffe Vaticano" located on Viale Vaticano 100. The closest metro stations are Cipro and Ottaviano.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Passport or ID card for children
- Oversize luggage
- Luggage or large bags
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
Know before you go
- All guests, including children, must bring a personal government ID on the day of their tour and pass through security beforehand
- The tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds can be provided for late arrivals or no-shows
- Only small backpacks and handbags are allowed inside the Vatican Museums. Storage for small items is available
- You may need to wear a mask or provide proof of vaccination to enter certain venues. Please refer to Italy government guidelines for the most up-to-date information