Discover the real dark heart of Rome on this combination tour. Visit the ancient part of the city that’s buried beneath the busy streets and join in a nighttime adventure that leaves no stone unturned and unveils the Eternal City’s unseen history.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 489 minutes
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Visit the famous Capuchin Bone Chapel, decorated with the bones of 4,000 monks
- Step back in time at the Basilica of San Clemente
- Tour the historic heart of Rome and hear secret stories behind some of the most famous sites
- English-speaking expert guide
- Small group tour (maximum of 22 people)
- Admission to the Catacombs of Rome, Basilica of San Clemente, and the Capuchin Bone Chapel
- Transfers by air-conditioned coach
- Guided storytelling tour of Rome’s historic center
- Hotel pick-up/drop off service
- Transfers between the 2 tours
- Food and beverages
- People with mobility impairments
- People with claustrophobia
- Wheelchair users
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- You are required to bring and wear a mask
- All participants who are over 12 years old must present one of the following: proof of full vaccination, proof of first vaccination administered at least 15 days ago, proof of a Covid-19 infection in the past 6 months, or a negative test taken no more than 48 hours before the activity starts
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The details below may change if you update your current selection:
Afternoon Tour Meeting time: 14:15 Start time: 14:30 Location: Piazza Barberini, at the Triton Fountain in the center of the square GPS coordinates: 41.903658 - 12.488498 Evening Tour Meeting time: 21:00 Start time: 21:15 Location: The steps of the Church of San Andrea della Valle located on Corso Vittorio Emanuele II, about 150 meters from Largo di Torre Argentina on the left-hand side heading towards the Tiber River. The church is adjacent to Piazza Vidoni. GPS coordinates: 41.896446 - 12.47438Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Baby strollers
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
Know before you go
- Comfortable shoes are highly recommended for this tour.
- Unfortunately, the tour cannot accommodate guests with wheelchairs, mobility impairments, pushchairs, or strollers.
- Appropriate dress is required to enter some sites on this tour. Knees, shoulders, and backs must be covered.
- The small group nature of the tour (maximum of 20 people) means that you will be able to ask your expert guides any questions that come to mind.