Your day tour begins with a drive from Rome to the pope’s summer residence in Castel Gandolfo – a lovely town overlooking Lake Albano. Afterwards, return to Rome for a visit to the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Reserve now & pay later
- Reserve now & pay later to book your spot without any charges today. Learn more
- Duration 8 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
- English, Spanish, French, German
Select participants and date
Meeting point may vary depending on the option booked.
- Luggage or large bags
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
- Weapons or sharp objects
Know before you go
- Please note that the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica have a strict dress code year-round. All visitors must have their shoulders covered and pants/skirts must come to the knee. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes!
- The Vatican and St. Peter’s Basilica have strict security restrictions. Due to metal detectors at the entrances of most sites it is forbidden to bring the following:
- Weapons and blunt objects (knives, long umbrellas, etc.)
- Glass bottles, aerosol sprays and alcohol
- Bicycles, skates and Segways
- If you or any member of your party has difficulty with mobility (uses crutches or a wheelchair, etc.) please contact the tour operator in advance. This tour is not wheelchair accessible. Private tours are available to meet these needs, on request.
- Please note that the meeting point is outside the tour operator's office. For security reasons, no personal belongings may be stored there. Please plan accordingly.