Descend 100 feet underground at the San Clemente archeological site and discover 2,000 years of history. Then, visit the 12th century Basilica above with its famous gold mosaics.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 1.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Meeting point is near S. Clemente Basilica, at the corner located at Via di S. Giovanni in Laterano, 126. Please note the meeting point is an outdoor location and not an office, and the address given is indicative. Please arrive 15 minutes early for check-in. The nearest metro stop is Line B ‘Colosseo’Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Face mask or protective covering
- Luggage or large bags
- Video recording
- Photography inside
Know before you go
- You must be able to climb and descend stairs on your own
- There is a maximum number of 15 people per booking
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes for walking on uneven surfaces
- It is recommended to wear layers because the underground levels may be cooler than the outside temperature
- Please be at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the departure time in order to check-in
- Shoulder and knees must be covered inside of the church