Join a private Vatican tour with a local guide and skip-the-line access. Discover the wonders of the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel, including Michelangelo's unforgettable frescoes.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Duration 3.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
- English, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Polish, German, Chinese, Portuguese
- Private group
Select participants and date
Viale Vaticano 100 - in front of Caffè Vaticano (opposite the entrance to the Vatican Museums)Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Passport or ID card, copy accepted
- Weapons or sharp objects
- Food and drinks
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
Know before you go
- Please note: The Basilica is not accessible until further notice
- Vatican City is a place of Christian worship and has a strict dress code: no shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed, legs and shoulders must be covered for men and women. You may be refused entry if you do not comply with the dress requirements.
- This tour does not accommodate people with limited mobility or walking difficulties due to the steep staircases located along the way.
- Visitors must pass through metal detectors at the security check point. Knives and weapons of self-defense are prohibited from entering, and food/beverages cannot enter the exhibition halls.
- This walking tour is only available in English.
- The Vatican state holds the rights to close the Museums, Sistine Chapel, and Saint Peter’s church with or without notice for events, strikes, or other reasons. In the case this occurs, you will be offered an alternative itinerary and a partial refund.