See the Colosseum and Ancient Rome by night, when you can beat the crowds and experience the breathtaking views from the upper level with this exclusive access. Be amazed by the various piazzas, statues, museums, and more.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 2 hours
- Starting time 7:30 PM
- Skip the line through a separate entrance
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- See the Colosseum in a different light on this original night walking tour, visiting after the crowds have left
- Admire the ancient graffiti on the Colosseum walls
- Walk by the Roman Forum, the heart of the Roman Republic
Due to health and safety regulations, this itinerary may change. See Know before you go for the latest updates.
- Tour as per description
- Skip-the-line entrance to the Colosseum
- English-speaking tour guide
- Access to Arena Floor (if option selected)
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Children under 6 years
- People with mobility impairments
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Please be at the meeting location 15 minutes before departure time. Late-comers won't be able to join the tour. Please note: the meeting point is not at the Colosseum. The tour commences on the platform directly in front of Trajan’s Column. Trajan’s Column is located on Via dei Fori Imperiali next to Piazza Venezia. When standing right in front and facing the Victor Emmanuel II Monument (a.k.a. the “Wedding Cake), it’s directly to the left across the street. Your tour coordinator will be waiting here wearing either a blue polo shirt or blue jacket with the City Wonders logo printed on it. Arriving by taxi: Ask the taxi driver to take you to Piazza Foro Traiano. You will see the roughly 30m high Trajan’s Column as you enter the Piazza, and the meeting point is up the steps on the platform next to it.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- Due to ongoing COVID-19 preventative measures, the Arena will not be visited on this tour until further notice.
- Due to Colosseum security regulations, a passport or valid ID document is mandatory to join this tour. Guests who fail to provide a valid proof of identity will not be permitted to join the tour.
- Unfortunately, this tour is not accessible for people with reduced mobility.
- Unfortunately, children under 6 years old cannot join this tour for security reasons.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, hills, and stairs. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Large bags or suitcases will not be permitted in the Colosseum or Roman Forum, and there are no cloakroom facilities for storage.
- Strollers cannot be accommodated.