See the Colosseum and ancient Rome during the evening, when you can beat the crowds and experience the breathtaking views from the upper level with this exclusive access.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the line through a separate entrance
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
The tour commences on the platform directly in front of Trajan’s Column. Trajan’s Column is located on Via dei Fori Imperiali next to Piazza Venezia. When standing right in front and facing the Victor Emmanuel II Monument (the Wedding Cake), it’s directly to the left across the street. Your tour coordinator will be waiting here wearing either a blue polo shirt or a blue jacket with the City Wonders logo printed on it. If you arrive by taxi, ask your driver to take you to Piazza Foro Traiano. You will see the roughly 30 meters high Trajan’s Column as you enter the Piazza, and the meeting point is up the steps on the platform next to it.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Baby strollers
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, hills, and stairs
- Large bags or suitcases will not be permitted, and there are no cloakroom facilities for storage