Discover the history of the oldest highway in Rome, Appia Antica. Aboard a comfortable e-bike, you will explore the area's Roman antiquities, learning the stories behind them as you travel.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Duration 3 - 5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Italian, English, German, Spanish, French
- Private group
Select participants and date
Meeting point may vary depending on the option booked.
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
Know before you go
- Infants aged 1-4 years traveling on a child seat (with a load capacity of up to 55 lbs or 25 kg) can join the tour free of charge
- Children aged 5-8 years traveling on a child extension (child "streamliner") can join the tour free of charge
- Children aged 9 and above can ride on an appropriately-sized bike independently (e-bikes also available from 140cm)
- Free child seats for children up to 20 kilograms are available
- You must be at least 140 centimeters to ride the e-bikes
- For children on child seats or bike extension the Catacombs entrance ticket is not included
- This tour is guaranteed in adverse weather
- The Catacombs of San Callisto are closed every Wednesday and on New Year’s Day, Easter, and Christmas
- The San Sebastiano Catacombs are closed in December and on New Year’s Day