Skip the long lines and enjoy exclusive early-bird entrance to the Vatican and tour the museums and Sistine Chapel like a VIP. The 3-hour tour will get you access to one of the greatest art collections in the world before the crowds arrive.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the line through a separate entrance
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, French, German, Spanish
- Wheelchair accessible
- Private group
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Meet in front of Cafè Vaticano, Viale Vaticano 100, across the street from the Vatican Museum entrance. Please plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to tour commencementOpen in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Large bags, bigger than 15.7 inch x 13.7 inch x 6 inch (40 cm x 35 cm x 15 cm), and/or an umbrella (if not foldable), must be checked into the wardrobe of the entrance hall. It is recommended to leave these items at home
- Dress Code: cover knees and shoulders
- Occasionally the basilica may be closed due to last minute private events outside of the tour operators control and often without notice. In these uncommon circumstances the tour will operate as usual and the time spent inside the basilica will be enjoyed by an extended tour in an alternative area
- Due to new health and safety regulations, the Vatican currently opens at 8:30 rather than 8:00am. Despite the later start, the early entrance tour is in all other ways identical to the 7:30am tour. By arriving 30 minutes before Vatican doors open, you enter the museums first, so you can go directly to the Raphael rooms and the Sistine Chapel before the crowds and enjoy them with as few people as possible.