Discover what lies beneath the arena floor as you witness the dungeons, underground tunnels, and chambers of the Colosseum. The tour will begin with special access to the arena floor where you will receive an introduction before descending underground.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Reserve now & pay later
- Reserve now & pay later to book your spot without any charges today. Learn more
- Duration 1 hour
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the line through a separate entrance
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Meet your guide at the local partner's office.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
- Sprays or Aerosols
- Weapons or sharp objects
Know before you go
- Due to ongoing COVID-19 virus preventative measures, the Arena will not be visited on this tour until further notice. The Gladiator’s Gate access will be replaced by the standard underground entrance.
- Please be advised that the exact reservation times may vary slightly due to decisions made by the Colosseum administration office. These last-minute changes are outside of the local partner's control but if the time will vary by 20 minutes either before or after your original tour time then you will be informed of this change by email.
- Entrance to Palatine Hill and Roman Forum is with the tour guide escort only; you cannot leave the group and enter these areas alone as you will not have an individual ticket. For group reservations, the Colosseum does not provide individual tickets but one group ticket which the guide will use for all 3 areas.
- As per the Colosseum Authority policy, you will join a larger group (max. 24 people) for the Colosseum Underground section of the tour.