Hike the Levada da Rocha Vermelha, a lesser-known levada of Madeira. Throughout your pleasant walk, become better acquainted with the nature of Madeira Island and make the most of the many fantastic photo opportunities.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Spanish, English, French, German, Portuguese
- Pickup optional
- Pickup is from anywhere in Santa Cruz, Machico, Santana, Porto da Cruz, Faial, and Caniçal.
- Private group
Select participants and date
Pickup is from the Funchal Cruise Ship Port. Your guides will pick you up outside on the pier next to your cruise ship.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Hiking shoes
- Comfortable clothes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Smoking in the vehicle
- Unaccompanied minors
- Electric wheelchairs
Know before you go
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level to partake in this tour
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The tour ranges in altitude from 791-908 meters
- The tour begins and ends in Calheta, covering a distance of 14 kilometers
- You are responsible for all your clothing for the activities