Experienced riders can test the versatility of the Icelandic horse on this horse riding excursion in Hafnarfjörður. Learn the different gaits of the Icelandic horse and head out on an afternoon riding adventure to explore the Reykjanes preservation area.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, Icelandic
- Spend a day in the beautiful countryside outside the town of Hafnarfjörður
- Learn the different gaits of the Icelandic horse
- Be prepared to ride, trot, tölt, or canter to experience the versatility of the Icelandic horse
- Transfers to and from the Riding Centre (if option selected)
- Horse riding as per description
- Riding helmet
- Rubber boots, rainwear, or a warm outfit for the ride
- Guidance in English and Scandinavian languages (some guides also speak German and other languages)
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- You must keep social distance while in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- You are required to bring and wear a mask
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The details below may change if you update your current selection:
Sörlaskeið 26, 220 Hafnarfjörður. Please be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the tour departure time.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Weather-appropriate clothing
Know before you go
- Riding gear (riding boots, riding trousers, jackets, hats, gloves, etc.) needs to be washed at 40°C, dry cleaned, or disinfected before being brought in Iceland. Used leather gear may not be brought into the country.
- The tour operator reserves the right to alter routes, itineraries, or timetables without prior notice, should the necessity arise. No liability is accepted for loss or expense due to delays or changes of arrival or departures of flights or other services, injury, sickness, accident, strikes, damage, negligence, weather, wars, or other causes outside the control of the operator. All such losses and expense are the personal liability of the traveler. The estimated duration of tours as indicated by kilometers or timing may change according to road or weather conditions.
- This 3-hour trip is for strong intermediate riders only (for those who have rode approximately 30 times or more in their lifetime). Riders need to be comfortable and in control with all gaits.