On this truly traditional Icelandic food tour, you get to try the real deal Icelandic cuisine. Lamb soup, hot dogs, fermented shark, minke whale, langoustine soup, and unique rye bread ice cream all await you.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today. Learn more
- Live tour guide
- English, Spanish, French, German, Italian
- Private group available
Select participants and date
This tour meets at Ingolfstorg Square in the center of Reykjavik by the two stone high seat pillars (over 2 meters high). The square is at the beginning of Austurstræti (Austurstræti 1) and is squared off by the streets Aðalstræti, Hafnarstræti, Veltusund and Vallarstræti. If you walk down Laugavegur (the main shopping street), please continue until the end. On Ingolfur Square itself, you can see Kvosin, a small grocery market, Citycenter Plaza Hotel, Hlölli (a fast food establishment) and finally a kebab house. It is recommended to use Google Maps as the Icelandic Street names can be tricky.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Remember to wear warm clothing.