Head out of Reykjavik to Íshestar Riding Center in the Reykjavík area on a 1.5 to 2-hour horse riding excursion.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, German, Icelandic
- Pass through lava fields and along green hillsides
- Enjoy beautiful surroundings as you ride
- Make use of some of the best riding facilities in Iceland
- Horse riding as per itinerary
- Riding helmets
- Rubber boots
- Rainwear or a warm outfit during the ride
- English and Scandinavian-speaking guidance
- Transfer (optional)
You must book this activity online because the ticket office is closed
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- You must keep social distance while in vehicles
- You are required to bring and wear a mask
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The details below may change if you update your current selection:
Sörlaskeið 26, 220 Hafnafjörður, Iceland. Please be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the tour departure time.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Riding gear (riding boots, riding trousers, jackets, hats, gloves, etc.) needs to be washed (40°C), dry cleaned, or disinfected before arriving in Iceland. Used leather gear may not be brought into the country.
- Please note there is a weight limit of 110 kg/240 lbs for this tour.
- This tour is ideal for beginners as well as more experienced riders. However if you prefer a more fast-paced tour and are experienced, it is recommended to book the "From Reykjavik: Full-Day Viking Horseback Riding Tour".
- Please remember that pick-up (if option selected) is possible only from hotels or main guesthouses. If you are staying in a private flat, the closest pick-up point will be communicated to you by email.
- Cafeteria with light snacks, sandwiches and drinks all freshly made on premises at reasonable prices. Or alternatively you can have lunch, it's served from 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM buffet style for only 2000 ISK depending on availability unless you pre-book.