Embark on a guided horse-riding tour in the Reykjavík area and take on the scenic riding trails beyond the capital. Cross lava fields on horseback and look out for interesting rocks, flora, and fauna.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 2 - 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, German, Icelandic
- Pickup optional
- Pickup starts 60 minutes before the tour departure time. Note that pickup is possible only from hotels or main guesthouses. If you are staying in a private flat, the closest pickup point will be communicated to you by email prior to your tour.
Select participants and date
Meet at Íshestar Riding Tours.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- All riders must be able to mount the horse by their own strength
- Children that are 8 to 15 years old receive a 25% discount
- Riding gear (riding boots, riding trousers, jackets, hats, gloves, etc.) needs to be washed (40°C), dry cleaned or disinfected before arriving in Iceland. Used leather gear may not be brought into the country
- You cannot take any backpacks or bags with you on the ride but there are safety boxes at the Riding Centre where you can store your valuables