Get right to the heart of Pernambuco's folk traditions in this full-day excursion to Caruaru and the Nova Jerusalém open-air theater. Rummage through the handmade treasures of Caruaru's street market and take your last supper on the stage.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- COVID-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 12 hours
- Starting time 8:00 AM
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Spanish, Portuguese, English
- Pickup included
- Please reconfirm your booking at least 48 hours in advance to establish your exact pick-up time and location. If the pickup service is not available at your hotel it will be at a nearby location.
- Private or small groups available
- Appreciate the skills of real craftsmanship displayed at the Cararu Street Market and bag a treasure to take home
- Meet some real characters at the center for figurative arts, Alto do Moura
- Learn about the man behind the creativity, Mestre Vitalino, whose 50 years of sculpting has shaped the character of Caruaru
- Visit the world's largest open-air theater at Nova Jerusalém and enjoy dinner on the stage
- All transportation
- Pickup and drop-off from most Boa Viagem neighborhood hotels
- Professional tour guide
- Round-trip transfer to hotels located in Old Recife, Ilha do Leite, or Olinda
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers must keep distance in vehicles
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Know before you go
- Please reconfirm your booking at least 48 hours in advance to establish your exact pick-up time and location. All bookings must be made no later that 48 hours in advance.
- Please note that due to the yearly performance of the Passion of Christ at Nova Jerusalém theater, this tour is not available during Easter Week.