Is it your first time rafting? The Kawarau River is ideal if you are looking for a more relaxed rafting experience. Enjoy a scenic, playful, and fun adventure including a thrilling jet boat ride to the launch site.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Duration 4.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
Select participants and date
Please arrive 20 minutes in advance.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
Know before you go
- This activity is not suitable for pregnant women, those less than 13 years old, those less than 40-kilograms, or those with a heart condition or taking heart medication
- All participants must sign a waiver form
- Rafters under 16 years old must have a guardian travel with them and all rafters under 18 years old must have a waiver form signed by a guardian
- Rafters must be water-confident, able to swim in fast-moving water, and agree to carefully follow instructions from the guides
- Participation in rafting activities involves a degree of risk and the rafting operator cannot absolutely guarantee participants' safety
- The rafts are large enough to carry six or seven people plus your rafting guide
- The rafting operator reserves the right to refuse participation and cancel or amend any trips due to river, road, or weather conditions or insufficient numbers in the interest of all rafters’ safety