Guimarães is known as the cradle of Portugal. See the birthplace of the country at the medieval castle, where the battle for the nation's creation was fought. Explore the historic city center, declared a Cultural Heritage of Humanity Site by UNESCO.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Portuguese, English, Spanish, French
- Pickup included
- Pick-up is offered at all hotels in Porto and Gaia.
- Private group
Select participants and date
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- Usually tours run in one language but there are cases where one extra language or more can be used
- Tours are available in Portuguese, English, Spanish and French
- The group size will be from 8 to 30 people
- The tour duration is an estimation, subject to local traffic and visit schedules
- Pick-up is included from central Porto and Vila Nova de Gaia hotels
- Bookings must be confirmed at least 48 hours before the date of the service
- Children from 4 to 12 years pay half price
- Children aged 0 to 3 are free of charge
- The services included in the tour are subject to third party availability and may change without notice
- This tour is not available on 25 December and 1 January