Nestled in the imposing Rila Mountains sits Rila Monastery, Bulgaria’s most famous landmark. The Holy Rila Retreat is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the most visited tourist attraction in the country. Visit the monastery museum and the Tower of Hrelyu.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today. Learn more
- Duration 10 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Small group
- Limited to 8 participants
Select participants and date
Know before you go
- Dress code at the monastery: shoulders and knees must be covered. Men can be in shorts above the knees. Sandals and t-shirts are allowed.