10. From Lisbon: 8-Day Tour of Portugal
· Day 1 (Wednesday): Arrival in Lisbon Transfer from the airport to the hotel. You can spend the rest of the day as you wish. For example, enjoy a stroll through the Portuguese capital. Overnight in Lisbon.
· Day 2 (Thursday): Lisbon The day begins with a scenic drive through the historical district of Lisbon and takes you to Alfama, the oldest part of the city. Visit the Jerónimos Monastery, the site of one of the most valuable cloisters in the world. You will then head to Belém Tower and the Monument to the Discoveries. Overnight in Lisbon.
· Day 3 (Friday): Lisbon – Fatima: Admire the beautiful Portuguese countryside as you drive to the quaint village of Óbidos. Stroll through Óbidos and be captivated by the magical place. You will then visit the traditional fishing town of Nazaré and the famous Monastery of Batalha. At the end of the day you will head to Fátima, the largest place of pilgrimage in Portugal which attracts 4 to 6 million pilgrims every year. Overnight in Fatima.
· Day 4 (Saturday): Coimbra – Porto Explore the Baroque library and St Michael's Chapel at the oldest university in Portugal, which was founded in 1291. You will then drive to Porto, the second largest city in Portugal. Enjoy a panoramic tour through the city to the cathedral. Admire the magnificent Palácio da Bolsa (Stock Exchange Palace) and sample port wine during a visit to a port wine cellar. Overnight in Porto.
· Day 5 (Sunday): Porto – Guarda Say goodbye to Porto and continue north to the green province of Minho. Discover the picturesque old town in the city of Guimarães, the birthplace of Portugal. You will then head to the Douro Valley, to the heart of the Port wine region of Régua where you can admire the breathtaking scenery. A short stop in historical Lamego gives you the opportunity to admire the pilgrimage church Senhora dos Remédios with its monumental staircase. You will then head through the beautiful mountainous landscapes of inland Portugal to reach Guarda, at approximately 1,000 meters above sea level. Overnight in Guarda.
· Day 6 (Monday): Guarda – Évora After breakfast you will travel south, where you can admire the unspoiled landscapes in the province of Alentejo. Stroll through the beautiful town of Castelo de Vide and visit the medieval synagogue. Afterwards you will drive to the town of Estremoz, the marble capital of Portugal, where you can see many marble quarries. The day ends in Évora, the museum city of Portugal. Overnight in Évora.
· Day 7 (Tuesday): Évora – Lisbon Explore the city of Évora by foot and see the Roman Temple of Diana, the cathedral, the Church of St. Francis with the famous Chapel of Bones, and Praça do Giraldo, the central square of the city. After lunch you will drive through the plains of Alentejo, past cork and holm oak forests to Lisbon. Overnight in Lisbon.