8. Niagara Falls, USA: Old Fort & Optional Maid of the Mist
Meet at Hard Rock Café to start you tour of the USA side of Niagara Falls. Travel in a 6-passenger luxury van while your local guide drives you along the State Park, passing Rainbow Bridge, Robert Moses Hydro-Electric Power Plant, the Niagara Gorge and the Whirlpool Aero Car on your way to Old Fort Niagara. Your guide will explain about the formation of the 3 different falls which make up Niagara Falls and the energy that is produced from the power of the Falls to help light New York City.
Soon you will arrive at Old Fort Niagara, which takes you back in time to when great empires struggled for control of North America. The fort consists of 18th century buildings where you can enjoy incredible views and take part in exciting living history programs.
This tour includes admission to Old Fort Niagara which features:
- a 16-minute orientation film.
- an actual original American Flag from the war of 1812.
- Tours of original buildings where Native American, French, British and American soldiers lived and worked from the 18th to the 20th centuries.
- See artisans at work and learn about life on the Niagara Frontier during the 18th and early 19th centuries.
- During the summer months you'll witness reenactors giving musket and artillery firing demonstrations, playing historical musical instruments, giving laundry or cooking demonstrations etc. (subject to availability) and you can even join a guided tour led by a guide dressed in historically accurate costume.
- During special events you can also meet additional reenactors who recreate other aspects of the way life was at the fort.
- In the winter months, you'll enjoy self-guided audio tours of the Fort and hourly musket demonstrations.
You will then meet back up with your driver/guide at the entrance to the Fort for your guided tour back to the Hard Rock Café. You have the option to upgrade to a meal at Hard Rock Café with Skip-the-Line access. You can also further upgrade to include either the iconic Maid of the Mist Boat Ride or a breathtaking helicopter ride over Niagara Falls.