Ellis Island was the Gateway to America, and on this tour you will learn more about the journey and the struggle for a new future and a better tomorrow. The site of the Statue of Liberty brought hope of freedom and peace.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- COVID-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Optional audio guide
- Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Japanese, Italian, Portuguese
- Wheelchair accessible
- Visit Ellis Island Museum
- See the American Immigrant Wall of Honor
- Amazing artifacts, photographs, prints, videos, interactive displays, oral histories, and temporary exhibits.
- Observe the American Flag of Faces
- See the award-winning film documentary "Island of Hope, Island of Tears"
- Fully escorted with a tour guide
- Ellis Island Museum
- The ferry ticket to Ellis Island
- The ferry ticket to Liberty Island
- Transportation from the hotel
- Meals or drinks
- Gratuities are recommended
- Please wear comfortable shoes
Customers must book this activity online because the ticket office is closed
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers must keep distance in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
- Customers must fill out a travel information form
- Customers will get a mandatory temperature check
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Meet in front of Starbucks at 24 State Street, across from Battery Park. Please note that 24 State Street is also known as "One Battery Park Plaza." Your guide will be wearing a yellow uniform and will meet you on the plaza outside Starbucks. Do not enter Battery Park or go to the Statue of Liberty ticket booth, as they do not have your tickets. If taking the subway to the meeting point, take the R train to Whitehall Street Station, the number 4 or 5 train to Bowling Green Station, or the 1 train to South Ferry Station.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- Please wear comfortable shoes.
- Only small bags will be allowed past security for safety reasons.