Enjoy the best of Milford Sound on this combination package. Take a morning walk along Milford Track with your guide, through lush, green forest to the Giant Gate Waterfall. Complete the day with an afternoon boat cruise on magnificent Milford Sound.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 7 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Small group
- Limited to 12 participants
Select participants and date
• Please check in by 8.30 AM at the Mitre Peak Cruise Counter in the Main Visitor Terminal at Milford Sound • It is an approximately two-hour drive to Milford Sound from Te Anau. You will need time to park, so a 6:00 AM departure from Te Anau is recommended • Milford Sound Tourism has now implemented paid parking in the main Milford parking lot; the cost is set at $40 for 5+ hours, payable by credit card • The gravel overflow car park on Deepwater Basin Road provides free parking. From there, it is a 20-minute walk to the main terminal building meeting pointOpen in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Warm clothing
- Rain gear
Know before you go
- Some fitness is required to enjoy this walk, but generally it is considered easy. The track is well maintained, with little elevation gain. The distance covered is 11 km (6.8 miles). It is not suitable for children under 8 years of age.
- It is recommended that you bring the following on the Milford Track guided walk: comfortable shoes, day pack containing warm sweater/fleece jacket, waterproof jacket, insect repellent, drinking water, snacks and a camera. You should also bring a change of clothing and shoes in case of a wet day. Milford Sound is known for rainfall so you should be prepared.