Escape the lights of town on a snowmobile and hunt for the Northern Lights. Soak up the atmosphere of the Arctic night on this 3-hour experience. Marvel at starry skies, moonlight on the snow, and the aurora borealis lighting up the magical landscape.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Pickup included
- The local partner's guides will pick you up from the listed pickup points. Please be ready at the start time. If there are many pickup points, they may arrive a few minutes after the start time. Pickup is only available at Radisson Blu Polar Hotel Spitsbergen, Funken Lodge, Coal Miners' Cabins, Svalbard Hotell Polfareren, Svalbard Hotell The Vault, Mary-Ann's Polarrigg and Port of Longyear. Please do not request other pickup locations. If you are not staying at one of these locations, make your way to the one closest to you.
- Small group
- Limited to 12 participants
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Driver's license
- Warm clothing
Know before you go
- This tour is not suitable for people with limited mobility
- This tour is not suitable for pregnant women or people with back or arm injuries
- You will have one snowmobile per person
- All passengers must understand and speak English or a Scandinavian language
- Guests who are under the influence of alcohol or illicit substances are not allowed to participate. Local police run checks, and fines can be very high
- It is strongly recommended to dress warm for this tour