Take your passion for climbing to the next level at Huayna Potosi Mountain. Benefit from an experienced guide and enjoy the convenience of transfers to and from La Paz.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 2 days
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, Spanish
- Private group
Select participants and date
Look for the “Climbing South America” flag hanging outside at the Pachamama Gallery. You need to perform a gear check the day before between 3 PM and 5 PM at the office. If for some reason you are not able to come at that time, please arrive 45 minutes before the starting time of the activity. If you have already performed the gear check, arrive 15 minutes before the starting time.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Sleeping bag
- Thermal clothing
- Warm clothing
Know before you go
- There is no refund if the tour is canceled due to bad weather
- Good physical fitness and some acclimatizing is needed before the climb. 6 to 8 days between 3,000 m and 5,000 m is recommended, e.g. Austria Peak (5,300 m)
- You will have to perform a gear check, this can be the day before or 45 minutes before
- Equipment provided: double mountaineering boots, ice ax, crampons, harness, extra jackets, pants for the cold, thick gloves, balaclava, gaiters, helmet, headlamp if needed (batteries not included), ropes and protection for mountain climbing
- Cetazolamid (Diamox) can be taken before the climb. 125 mg in the morning and 125 mg in the evening is suggested by the local partner
- Guide ratio in the shared group option is approximately 1 guide to every 2 participants, in the private option it is 1 guide to each participant
- It is recommended by the local partner to tip the guide 15-20% at the end of the tour
- A 50-liter backpack and sleeping bag for -10°C are required.