Feel the history and find contemporary of Kyoto on foot. Learn the history of Hongan-ji Temples and why they are divided into two different temples. Experience the newer Kyoto by visiting modern buildings and sampling local foods.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today. Learn more
- Duration 4.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, Japanese
- Private group
Select participants and date
Kyoto Station: In front of the Bus Ticket Center near Karasuma Gate (the central gate), JR LineOpen in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Reusable water bottle
Know before you go
- Tour-related expenses such as entrance fees, additional activities and food are not included so please ensure you bring additional money.