Always wanted to try scuba diving? Then take the plunge with a PADI Discover Scuba Diving Experience in the tropical waters and exotic sea life off the Borneo coast. Enjoy 2 dives along stunning coral reefs in a relaxed and informative atmosphere.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 7 hours
- Starting time 8:45 AM
- Instant confirmation
- Chinese, English, Malay
- Enjoy 2 leisure dives (down to about 40 feet, or 12 meters) along gorgeous coral reefs as part of your PADI Discover Scuba Diving Experience
- Relax on boat transfers on the best diving boats in Kota Kinabalu
- Have a personlized experience with a small group and friendly instructor
- Experience an amazing range of marine life, including exotic corals and even the "Nemo" clown fish
- Enjoy lunch on an island in the Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine National Park
- Feel secure with a full range of safety equipment
- Information session and confined open water skills session (as per PADI standards)
- 2 dives (up to a maximum of 12 meters)
- Qualified instuctor
- Boat transfers
- Instruction in small groups
- High-quality diving gear
- Refreshments (water, biscuits, and sweets)
- Conservation and jetty fees
- Hotel pickup
- Private instructor (available at extra charge)
- Sabah Parks diving permit (RM 50 for non-Malaysian and RM 20 for Malaysian)
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
- Customers must fill out a travel information form
- Customers will get a mandatory temperature check
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Boats depart from Jesselton Point Jetty in central Kota Kinabalu. The Jetty is a short stroll, or very quick taxi ride, from most hotels in central Kota Kinabalu. Your tour team will meet at 9:00h at the entrance to the Jetty (under the archway, next to the British red telephone box). They will be holding a "Borneo Dream" sign and wearing Borneo Dream shirts.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- There are pre-requisites for a PADI Discover Scuba Diving course:
- You must be 10 years or older.
- You must be comfortable in the water and have basic swimming skills.
- You should be in good overall health to dive, particularly in terms of your respiratory and circulatory systems. You will be asked to self-certify before starting your PADI Discover Scuba Diving Experience.
- You will need to complete the required PADI forms.
- Please note that, in compliance with recognized diving safety standards, you must have a minimum of 18 hours free after diving before flying on a plane.