Come join a close encounter whale watching, departing daily from Thesen Island. Sail through the Knysna Heads and out to sea in search of Humpback and Southern Right whales.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, Afrikaans
Select participants and date
Meet at Ocean Odyssey Whale Watching at TH22 Long Street, Thesen Harbour Town, Knysna.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Warm clothing
- Sun hat
- Biodegradable sunscreen
- Baby strollers
- Food and drinks
- Alcohol and drugs
- Baby carriages
- Touching marine life
Know before you go
- All tours are always sea and weather conditions permitting. Only the skipper of the vessel can make a judgment call on these conditions which are determined on the day of the tour, and passengers will be contacted on the day if conditions are not ideal for the activity
- Sightings are not guaranteed as this is wildlife in their natural environment
- Minimum of 4 passengers required to proceed with the activity. If minimum pax is not reached we will notify you before the activity
- Life jackets are compulsory
- Seasickness is prone to those that experience motion sickness. We do recommend motion sickness tablets (only available at pharmacies) or bands for those individuals