Get off the beaten track and discover the Croatian landmarks that history forgot on this private guided tour.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 10 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Private group
- Immerse yourself in Croatia's forgotten history
- Get off the beaten tourist path and discover unique locations
- Learn about the War of Independence and other events
- Visit an abandoned air hangar
- Admire a unique other-worldly war memorial monument
Enjoy an insider's perspective of Croatian history on this guided tour of the country's forgotten and abandoned historic structures.
Begin your urban adventure by getting picked up from your hotel in Zagreb and head to the Museum of Homeland War, where you will learn about the War of Independence and how Croatia became the peaceful country it is today.
Next, head to the largest underground airplane base in Europe. It is completely abandoned and hidden from plain sight. Learn all about the mysteries that surround the base.
Finish your tour at Petrova Gora, an abandoned World War II monument. Admire the monument's unique industrial architecture and learn about the people of the Uprising of Kordun and Banija who inspired its design. At the end of the day, get dropped off back at your hotel in Zagreb.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Admission fees
- Wheelchair users
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Open-toed shoes
Know before you go
- This tour will take place rain or shine