Take a full-day tour to the Cradle of Humankind, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that’s not far from Johannesburg and Pretoria. Visit the Lion Park, the Sterkfontein Caves, and Maropeng. Liquid refreshments on the ride are included, as is lunch.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 9 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, Afrikaans
- Pickup included
- Pick-up is provided at your location in Johannesburg or Pretoria.
- Private group
- Visit the Cradle of Humankind, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- See the Sterkfontein Caves, where some of the world’s oldest hominin fossils have been found
- Learn the secrets of human ancestry at the Maropeng Visitor Center
- Visit The Lion Park, Sterkfontein Caves and Maropeng on the same tour
- Pick-up from your hotel or guest house in Johannesburg, Sandton or Pretoria
- 45-minute to 1-hour open safari
- 1-hour underground cave tour
- Visit to Maropeng Exhibition Center
- Drinks in the vehicle
- Extra activities not mentioned in the description
- People with back problems
- People with mobility impairments
- People with claustrophobia
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- You must keep social distance while in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- You are required to bring and wear a mask
- You must fill out a travel information form
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The details below may change if you update your current selection:
Know before you go
- You should wear closed shoes for walking in the cave.
- The tour into the cave is not suitable for people with back problems, but they can walk through the museum.