Take the Sunwapta challenge, known as Jasper's wild water rollercoaster ride, it has a steep gradient with numerous class 3 rapids. Spectacular scenery and good wildlife opportunities await. Don't miss the high water from mid-June to late-July.
About this ticket
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
Select participants and date
The meeting point is in the public parking lot directly opposite the Shell Gas Station on Connaught Drive in downtown Jasper. Look for the white, 15-passenger van marked with Maligne Rafting, located in the back right hand corner of the parking lot (behind the big Washroom building). Please check-in 15 minutes before your trip departure time. On arrival you will be required to sign a liability waiver and health and safety declaration. Paid all day public parking is available in this same parking lot including limited RV parking. All departure times are in Alberta Mountain Time. Those arriving from British Columbia should ensure to adjust their watch accordingly.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Warm clothing
- Unaccompanied minors
Know before you go
- You will need to wear a swimsuit or t-shirt and shorts under your casual clothing. Bring dry clothes, a towel and on cooler days, wool socks to wear inside the booties and a warm jacket to put on afterward. You are welcome to bring snacks and water to enjoy on the bus ride to and from the river.
- Participants must be at least 12 years of age and weigh a minimum of 90 lbs (41 kg)
- Participants under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- All rafters must sign a waiver before departure
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- The duration of transfers are approximate and depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- The total round-trip time is 4 hours which includes 1.5 hours on the water