Raft from the base of Athabasca Falls and plunge through numerous rapids surrounded by high canyon walls. Enjoy a Class 2+ whitewater adventure which is ideal for tentative first timers and those looking for an exhilarating trip to suit the whole family.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 3.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
The meeting location is in the public parking lot directly opposite the Shell Gas Station on Connaught Drive in Downtown Jasper. Look for the white, 15-passenger van marked with Maligne Rafting, located in the back right-hand corner of the parking lot (behind the big Washroom building). Please check in 15 minutes before your trip departure time. On arrival, you will be required to sign a liability waiver and health and safety declaration. Paid all day public parking is available in this same parking lot including limited RV parking. All departure times are in Alberta Mountain Time. Those arriving from British Columbia should ensure to adjust their watch accordingly.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Warm clothing
- Unaccompanied minors
Know before you go
- No previous rafting experience is needed
- Self-bailing rafts will hold max 6–7 persons + guide
- Boat configuration is at the discretion of raft guides and will be determined on the day based on overall group size; while the best effort is made to keep groups together in the same raft, due to logistics, this cannot be guaranteed
- Rivers and rapids are rated on an international scale of 1–6 (easy to near impossible); as the number rises, the difficulty and excitement increase
- Participants under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- On colder days, participants should bring extra clothing to wear under the paddle jacket; polypropylene or wool garments provide the best insulation when wet (not cotton)
- Tour requires a minimum of 2 people to operate
- Trips depart rain or shine