Explore the depths of Islam by visiting lesser-known mosques on an exclusive 3-hour tour of Istanbul, led by an expert guide. Visit beautiful mosques and talk about Islam, its orders, and spirituality in the historical and contemporary context.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, German
- Private group available
- Learn in depth about historical and contemporary Islam
- Visit the first mosque built in Istanbul after the conquest in 1453
- See the magnificent Suleymaniye Mosque built by the famous architect Mimar Sinan
- Listen to the stories of Ottoman politics and family life
- Explore an underground mosque where some sacred Muslim objects are kept
- 3-hour walking tour
- English or German-speaking guide
- Public transportation tickets
- Food and drinks
- All required protective equipment is provided
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The details below may change if you update your current selection:
Meet at the Karakoy ferry dock. Your guide will wait by the exit. Facing the sea, Galata Bridge will be on your right.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Sleeveless shirts
Know before you go
- All women must wear a scarf and follow a dress code inside the mosques. Shoulders and knees must be covered.
- Tours are scheduled to take place outside of prayer hours.
- All participants must take off their shoes and carry them in a plastic bag as carpets cover the floor inside the mosques.
- Photography inside mosques is limited.