Explore the markets of Istanbul on this 3-hour walking tour, and discover the diverse and delectable cuisine of this fascinating city in carefully selected local food stops.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, German
- Private group available
- Discover Istanbul through its food culture and taste superb Turkish pastries, doner kebab and street food
- Explore a local market and learn from your guide in a small-group tour
- Enjoy authentic Turkish baklava, visit traditional food stores and try mouth-watering olives,cheese and Turkish coffee
Discover the highlights of Istanbul's culinary scene on this tour, which will take you to the places other tourists don't go. See the spice market, Eminonu, Tahtakale, Süleymaniye, a local market, and discover a traditional residential neighborhood. Your tour begins at the spice market, and your guide will take you around the authentic areas of the city. Visit restaurants where only locals eat, and see how everyday people live their lives. Explore a special local market brimming with all of the culinary products imaginable. The tour will also visit mosques and other historical buildings, if requested.
Plenty of food will be sampled along the way: baklava, kebabs, desserts, Turkish delight, simit, Turkish tea, mezes, olives, delicatessen stops, pastrami, clotted cream, cheese, and more!
- All food samplings on the go
- A professional and local tour guide
- Walking tour
- Small-group tour (maximum 12 people) or private walking tour (depending on option chosen)
- All required protective equipment is provided
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The details below may change if you update your current selection:
Meet at Hamdi Restaurant in Eminonu.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Vegetarians are well catered for
- The legal drinking age is 18