Explore the streets of Galata on a 3-hour walking tour of Istanbul’s Jewish Quarter, and learn about the Jewish community that has occupied the historic area for more than 1,000 years. Visit the Jewish Museum, Ashkenazi Synagogue, apartments, and more.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Pickup included
- Pickup is available from centrally-located hotels within Taksim Square, Şişli, Beşiktaş, Sultanahmet, and Fatih neighborhoods in Istanbul
- See old photographs and documents that chronicle Jewish life in Istanbul at the Jewish Museum
- Learn about the Jewish financier Abraham Camondo
- Wander the colorful streets of Galata
- Visit the Jewish Apartments and the Kamondo Buildings
- English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup
- Entrance fees and donations
- Hotel drop-off
- Lunch and beverages
- Personal expenses
You must book this activity online because the ticket office is closed
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- You must keep social distance while in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- You are required to bring and wear a mask
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The details below may change if you update your current selection:
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- Please bring copies of your passport or fax them to the number on your voucher.
- To be able to get permission to enter the synagogues you need to make reservations 4 days prior to departure, otherwise visits inside the synagogues will not be included on the schedule.
- This tour may not run during Jewish and Muslim religious holidays.
- This tour will not run on Saturdays and Sundays.